Tuesday 29 October 2013

5 days left in Newent.. My time here has flown by! The 'family' at Glebe is incredible and they made me feel very welcome and at home here. I was kept really busy over the last three weeks, but each activity was a little different and I enjoyed being able to participate in so much while I was here. Apart from the things I did weekly (that I explained last time), I was also able to help with a few other things. I went to Gloucester City Mission one day and served coffee and some food at the drop in center for homeless. It was pouring rain, but we still had about 30 people come in and I was able to chat to a few of them while they were eating. I joined a small group my second week here, and although the study they were doing was called regroup and was specifically for their small group, I still had a good time getting to know the people in it better. The lady    that runs the twins club was unable to go this week so I was in charge! 5 sets of twins plus their siblings came and a couple other helpers to keep all the babies happy :) Sunday night I sang alto for the choir as one of the ladies was away. It was a anniversary service of another church in the community and the service went really well. I enjoyed singing again :) Was able to cook and bake a few times while I was here, didn`t have a lot of time but it was fun and hopefully a break for Vicky.
 I've been able to see a bit of the countryside while I've been here (its gorgeous) and this last week will hopefully involve a trip to London, and Bristol. Saturday I`m going with a bunch of people to watch a rugby match! Its going to be a busy last few days and although I`m excited (and nervous) for the next step of my trip, it will be hard to leave this small town full of new friends.
I leave for India Sunday Nov 3, at 2pm. would appreciate prayers that travelling would go smoothly! Simon and Sarah (the family I will be living with) are meeting me at the airport along with Rachel, a girl who is there for a few months as well! Can`t wait to meet them.
I`ve really enjoyed hearing from home..news and just a hi here and there..thanks for that :)



1 comment: