Monday 14 October 2013

I arrived in England last Friday, after a 5 hour train ride from the college.
It's been a crazy week, full of church activities, teas and even washing dishes at
the local coffee house/Christian book store!
For the first few days I stayed on Ian and Julia Cracknells farm, it's just outside
Newent, and it's a beautiful farm! Their hospitality was amazing and I still end
up there sometimes :)
I moved in with Vicky and her 2 daughters last Tuesday, and it's been great!
The girls are really cute and it's been nice to hang out with them on my down
time.
Here's what my week looked like last week:
Sunday: helped set up for the morning and evening services
Monday: twins club, a support group for moms with twins, and then helped make
                the harvest supper and then their was a charity auction of harvested things
                held at the church
Tuesday: morning alpha course started and then a members meeting in the evening
Wednesday: helped cook and set up for oasis which is a community lunch for people
                    over 50, (65 people came!) and then an evening alpha course started
Thursday: prayer meeting breakfast, started at 730am and then had tea with a girl
                  who had worked at a girls home in India for 2 years, and then worked
                  at the good news center- a coffee house and Christian book store for a
                  few hours washing dishes and pricing books. In the evening I played
                  played badminton for a couple hours at a community club.
Friday: in the morning I helped at coffee and kids, and late afternoon met for coffee
             with my mentor. After supper took Alicia (my hosts daughter) to junior youth
Saturday: a few girls took me to Gloucester and we toured a cathedral and visited a few
                shops then in the evening I went with the pastor of Glebe to a city mission
                meeting
Was a busy week, but I met lots of people and everyone has been super nice. I love the
sense of community here and it's been a good  learning experience already.
That's a bit of an update of what I'm doing! Would love to hear how you guys are
doing!

No comments:

Post a Comment